Health Tip: Coping With Nasal Problems During Pregnancy
Suggestions to ease stuffiness
(HealthDay News) -- Nasal stuffiness and nosebleeds are common during pregnancy, due to inflamed nasal tissues triggered by hormonal changes and an increase in your body's production of blood.
The womenshealth.gov website suggests how to ease nasal problems during pregnancy:
- Gently blow your nose.
- Run a cool mist humidifier.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Gently squeeze your nose between your thumb and forefinger for several minutes to help stop a nosebleed.
- Call your doctor if nosebleeds persist and bleeding continues for longer than a few minutes.
- Healthy Lifestyle Before Pregnancy May Cut Gestational Diabetes Risk
October 01, 2014
- Spacing Between Sibling Births Tied to Autism Risk in Study
September 30, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.