Health Tip: Look for Suspicious Changes in the Breasts
Potential warning signs of breast cancer
(HealthDay News) -- The early stages of breast cancer may trigger few or no warning signs. But symptoms may become more obvious as the cancer grows.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions these symptoms that could signal breast cancer:
- A just-discovered lump in the breast or beneath the armpit.
- Any area of the breast that begins to swell or thicken.
- Irritation or dimpled appearance of the breast's skin.
- Flaking skin or reddening of the breast, notably of the area surrounding the nipple.
- Sore nipples or nipples that appear to be drawn in.
- Discharge from the nipples that isn't breast milk.
- Any pain or change in the shape or size of the breast.
- Obesity, Smoking Might Threaten Implants After Mastectomy
December 06, 2013
- Frequent Mammograms Tied to Lower Risk of Breast Cancer Spread
December 04, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.