Health Tip: Recognizing Symptoms of Hyperglycemia
High blood sugar may be dangerous
(HealthDay News) -- Hyperglycemia, the medical term for high blood sugar, is a prime cause of complications among people with diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association mentions these warning signs of hyperglycemia:
- Having a high blood glucose reading.
- Having above-normal levels of sugar in the urine.
- Urinating frequently.
- Feeling increasingly thirsty.
- Health Tip: Breast-feeding With Diabetes
October 22, 2014
- Early Study Points to Diabetes Drug Controlled by Light
October 14, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.