Health Tip: Recognizing Symptoms of Hyperglycemia
High blood sugar may be dangerous
(HealthDay News) -- Hyperglycemia, the medical term for high blood sugar, is a prime cause of complications among people with diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association mentions these warning signs of hyperglycemia:
- Having a high blood glucose reading.
- Having above-normal levels of sugar in the urine.
- Urinating frequently.
- Feeling increasingly thirsty.
- Holiday Eating Tips for People With Diabetes
November 28, 2014
- Cost of Diabetes Care Keeps Climbing, Report Shows
November 20, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.