Health Tip: Child Bites Can Lead to Infection
Monitor for these warning signs
(HealthDay News) -- Human bites, such as when an angry child bites another person, carry a risk of infection.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says warning signs of infection from a human bite include:
- Heat surrounding the bite wound.
- Swelling around the injury site.
- Pain on or near the bite wound.
- A bite wound that discharges pus.
- FDA Approves New Vaccine to Protect Against Meningitis
October 29, 2014
- Vitamin D May Not Prevent Return of Women's Infection After All
October 28, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.