Health Tip: Child Bites Can Lead to Infection
Monitor for these warning signs
(HealthDay News) -- Human bites, such as when an angry child bites another person, carry a risk of infection.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says warning signs of infection from a human bite include:
- Heat surrounding the bite wound.
- Swelling around the injury site.
- Pain on or near the bite wound.
- A bite wound that discharges pus.
- Ebola Anxiety: A Bigger Threat Now Than the Virus Itself
October 21, 2014
- CDC Tightens Rules on Caring for Ebola Patients
October 20, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.