Health Tip: Child Bites Can Lead to Infection
Monitor for these warning signs
(HealthDay News) -- Human bites, such as when an angry child bites another person, carry a risk of infection.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says warning signs of infection from a human bite include:
- Heat surrounding the bite wound.
- Swelling around the injury site.
- Pain on or near the bite wound.
- A bite wound that discharges pus.
- Doctors Cautiously Optimistic About 'Cure' for HIV-Infected Babies
March 06, 2014
- Gene Therapy for Controlling HIV Shows Early Promise
March 05, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.