Health Tip: Install Car Seats Correctly
And other suggestions for seat safety
(HealthDay News) -- Car seats help protect your baby from serious injury in the event of an accident, so it's important to make sure they're correctly installed and used.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Always put your baby in a car seat any time you travel in the car. Make sure the seat is properly installed and used, according to its instruction manual.
- Before baby is born, make sure you know how to properly place, remove and use the seat.
- Place the seat in a rear-facing position in the middle back seat of the car. Make sure the fit is tight.
- Don't buy a used car seat, or use a seat beyond its expiration date.
- Never leave your baby in the car unattended.
- Contact a car seat inspector if you have any questions or concerns about proper installation.
- Health Tip: Stay Active With Baby
December 12, 2013
- Kids' Social Skills May Suffer When Mothers Drink During Pregnancy
December 11, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.