Health Tip: How to Keep Anger in Check
Breathe, relax and focus
(HealthDay News) -- Anger, while a normal emotion, can quickly spin into something more if not controlled.
The American Psychological Association offers these suggestions for managing anger:
- Take deep breaths that come from the diaphragm, not just the chest.
- Calmly and slowly repeat a phrase or word, such as "relax" or "take it easy," until you feel that you've calmed down.
- Imagine a peaceful, relaxing experience.
- Practice daily yoga or another slow, relaxing type of exercise.
- Your Dog Really Is Listening to You
November 26, 2014
- 'Tis the Season of Challenges for Those With Food Allergies
November 22, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.