Health Tip: How to Keep Anger in Check
Breathe, relax and focus
(HealthDay News) -- Anger, while a normal emotion, can quickly spin into something more if not controlled.
The American Psychological Association offers these suggestions for managing anger:
- Take deep breaths that come from the diaphragm, not just the chest.
- Calmly and slowly repeat a phrase or word, such as "relax" or "take it easy," until you feel that you've calmed down.
- Imagine a peaceful, relaxing experience.
- Practice daily yoga or another slow, relaxing type of exercise.
- College Students Say 'Curiosity' Leads Them to Fake Pot
December 17, 2014
- Work Steals Valuable Sleep Time, Study Finds
December 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.