Health Tip: Add Flavoring to Popcorn, Without the Fat
Enjoy this whole-grain treat
(HealthDay News) -- Popcorn can be a healthy snack, but you have to skip the butter and salt.
The American Dietetic Association lists these healthier alternatives to flavor your popcorn:
- A sprinkle of spice, such as paprika, chili powder or pepper.
- Garlic and basil seasoning.
- Low-fat parmesan cheese.
- A small amount of chocolate chips.
- A little bit of peanut butter.
- Poor Students Eat Healthier Foods at School, Study Finds
December 16, 2014
- Exercise, Diet May Be Key to Beating a Common Irregular Heartbeat
December 12, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.