Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Shin Splints?
Here are common risk factors
(HealthDay News) -- Shin splints are a common overuse injury that causes pain and soreness in the large bone in the lower leg.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says risk factors for developing shin splints include:
- Jogging or running.
- Having rigid arches or flat feet.
- Being a dancer.
- Suddenly exercising much more frequently or vigorously than usual.
- Training for the military.
- Morphine, Blood Thinner Plavix a Bad Mix for Heart Attack Victims: Study
December 04, 2013
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients See Big Boost in Quality of Life
December 03, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.