Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Shin Splints?
Here are common risk factors
(HealthDay News) -- Shin splints are a common overuse injury that causes pain and soreness in the large bone in the lower leg.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says risk factors for developing shin splints include:
- Jogging or running.
- Having rigid arches or flat feet.
- Being a dancer.
- Suddenly exercising much more frequently or vigorously than usual.
- Training for the military.
- Could 'Phone Care' Ring in New Approach to Pain Relief?
July 15, 2014
- Delaying Kid's Knee Surgery Could Be a Bad Play, Study Finds
July 11, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.