Health Tip: Managing Diabetes While Under Stress
It can be a tough challenge
(HealthDay News) -- Managing diabetes can be tough enough, but the challenge is even greater when you're under stress.
The American Diabetes Association says possible impacts of stress on diabetes management include the risks of:
- A sudden, dramatic rise in blood glucose levels.
- Strong negative emotions.
- Difficulty making decisions or thinking clearly.
- Compulsive eating or making unhealthy food choices.
- Significant strain on the heart and circulatory system.
- Obesity Fueling Rise in Diabetes Rates, Study Finds
September 02, 2014
- Health Tip: Manage Stress to Keep Diabetes in Check
August 25, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.