Health Tip: Managing Diabetes While Under Stress
It can be a tough challenge
(HealthDay News) -- Managing diabetes can be tough enough, but the challenge is even greater when you're under stress.
The American Diabetes Association says possible impacts of stress on diabetes management include the risks of:
- A sudden, dramatic rise in blood glucose levels.
- Strong negative emotions.
- Difficulty making decisions or thinking clearly.
- Compulsive eating or making unhealthy food choices.
- Significant strain on the heart and circulatory system.
- Stress Tied to Worse Allergy Symptoms
April 18, 2014
- Scientists Find New Way to Observe 'Good' Brown Fat
April 17, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.