Health Tip: Recovering from Substance Abuse
Be sure to involve your doctor
(HealthDay News) -- If you've been abusing drugs, your doctor should be aware of your history and be involved in your recovery.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says your doctor can help by:
- Assisting you with recovery and offering support.
- Treating recovery-related medical issues, such as difficulty sleeping or changes in mood.
- Making needed changes to your medications.
- Study Claims Marijuana Tied to Lower Bladder Cancer Risk
May 10, 2013
- Meth Addiction May Be Harder to Treat in Teen Girls
May 03, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.