Health Tip: Protect Your Hearing
Use ear plugs in loud environments
(HealthDay News) -- Prolonged exposure to loud noise can cause permanent hearing loss. So if you're exposed to loud noise on the job or at home, the American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how you can protect your hearing:
- Wear disposable earplugs or special earmuffs when exposed to loud noise.
- Use rubber mats under noisy kitchen appliances.
- Install sound-absorbing draperies, carpeting and storm windows.
- Limit the volume on loud electronic devices.
- Don't use several noisy machines at once or use one loud noise to drown out another.
- Get an annual hearing test.
- New Combo Approach May Ease Severe 'Ringing in the Ears'
December 06, 2013
- Cross These Dangerous Toys Off Kids' Christmas List, Experts Say
November 26, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.