Health Tip: Giving Kids Medicine
It will help them feel better
(HealthDay News) -- It's often a challenge to convince kids to take much-needed medicine when they're sick.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to make medicine more palatable for children:
- Refrigerate liquid medicines before giving them to a child.
- If the doctor or pharmacist says it's ok, mix the medication with a bit of juice or pudding.
- Ask your pharmacist to mix flavoring into the medication before you take it home.
- Explain to the child that the medicine will help him or her feel better.
- Swallowing Magnets Can Be Fatal for Children
May 18, 2013
- Teen Bullies May Turn to Crime as Adults
May 17, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.