Health Tip: Getting Ready for Childbirth
Create a birth plan
(HealthDay News) -- Creating a birth plan means making a list of your preferences for labor and delivery.
The American Academy of Pediatricians says birth-planning should include your preferences about:
- Whether someone calls the doctor's office when you go into labor, or do you simply head for the hospital?
- Transportation to the hospital.
- Where you'll deliver, who will be present and who you would like to deliver your baby.
- Your preferences for position during labor, and pain management options.
- Your preferences if unexpected circumstances arise, including the possibility of cesarean section.
- In the event that you deliver early, does the facility have the resources to care for a premature baby?
- Want Kids to Eat Better? Get Them Cooking
November 27, 2014
- Full-Day Preschool Beats Part-Day for School Preparedness
November 25, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.