Health Tip: Help Your Newborn Sleep at Night
Suggestions for weary parents
(HealthDay News) -- For exhausted parents who are desperate to get at least a few consecutive hours of sleep, there are things you can do to coax your newborn to sleep at night.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions:
- When baby wakes at night, avoid sources of stimulation, such as noise or bright lights.
- Make sure baby gets plenty of sleep during the day, as overtired babies may have more trouble sleeping.
- Impose a consistent and relaxing bedtime routine.
- Don't be afraid to cuddle and comfort your baby when necessary.
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Away From Corded Blinds and Shades
December 10, 2013
- Kids' Liver Transplant Success Varies by Race, Research Shows
December 09, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.