Health Tip: Help Your Newborn Sleep at Night
Suggestions for weary parents
(HealthDay News) -- For exhausted parents who are desperate to get at least a few consecutive hours of sleep, there are things you can do to coax your newborn to sleep at night.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions:
- When baby wakes at night, avoid sources of stimulation, such as noise or bright lights.
- Make sure baby gets plenty of sleep during the day, as overtired babies may have more trouble sleeping.
- Impose a consistent and relaxing bedtime routine.
- Don't be afraid to cuddle and comfort your baby when necessary.
- Want Kids to Eat Better? Get Them Cooking
November 27, 2014
- Spotting Hearing Problems in Infancy May Boost Reading Skills in Deaf Teens
November 26, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.