Health Tip: Help Prevent Epilepsy
Some cases are avoidable
(HealthDay News) -- Epilepsy may be preventable in some situations, experts say.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions these potential opportunities for prevention:
- Seek prenatal care during pregnancy to reduce the risk of complications during pregnancy and delivery.
- Get all recommended immunizations to ward off serious infections.
- Protect against traumatic brain injury. Use bicycle and sports helmets as appropriate, and take steps to reduce the risk of falls.
- Manage risk factors such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol to reduce your chances of stroke.
- FDA Warns Pregnant Women About Migraine Drugs
May 06, 2013
- Implanted Device May Predict Epilepsy Seizures, Study Suggests
May 02, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.