Health Tip: Help Prevent Epilepsy
Some cases are avoidable
(HealthDay News) -- Epilepsy may be preventable in some situations, experts say.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions these potential opportunities for prevention:
- Seek prenatal care during pregnancy to reduce the risk of complications during pregnancy and delivery.
- Get all recommended immunizations to ward off serious infections.
- Protect against traumatic brain injury. Use bicycle and sports helmets as appropriate, and take steps to reduce the risk of falls.
- Manage risk factors such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol to reduce your chances of stroke.
- Neurologists Say Jury Still Out on Medical Marijuana's Use for Brain Disorders
December 17, 2014
- Kids With Epilepsy Face Higher Early Death Risk, Study Reports
November 06, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.