Health Tip: Breast-Feeding Is Good for Moms, Too
Here are potential benefits
(HealthDay News) -- Breast-feeding has been proven more beneficial than formula for babies, but it also offers benefits for moms.
The womenshealth.gov website says potential benefits of breast-feeding include:
- Less time and effort during feedings, and not having to sterilize bottles or mix formula.
- Saving money from not having to buy formula.
- Opportunities for bonding and relaxing with the infant.
- Lower risk of health problems for the mother, including lower risk of breast and ovarian cancers, type 2 diabetes and postpartum depression.
- Fewer missed work days due to baby being sick less frequently.
- Kids: An Rx for Menopause's Hot Flashes?
October 31, 2014
- Halloween Safety Tips for Kids With Asthma
October 30, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.