Health Tip: Breast-Feeding Is Good for Moms, Too
Here are potential benefits
(HealthDay News) -- Breast-feeding has been proven more beneficial than formula for babies, but it also offers benefits for moms.
The womenshealth.gov website says potential benefits of breast-feeding include:
- Less time and effort during feedings, and not having to sterilize bottles or mix formula.
- Saving money from not having to buy formula.
- Opportunities for bonding and relaxing with the infant.
- Lower risk of health problems for the mother, including lower risk of breast and ovarian cancers, type 2 diabetes and postpartum depression.
- Fewer missed work days due to baby being sick less frequently.
- Health Tip: Stay Active With Baby
December 12, 2013
- Kids' Social Skills May Suffer When Mothers Drink During Pregnancy
December 11, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.