Health Tip: Minimize Jet Lag
Here's what you can do
(HealthDay News) -- Jet lag can leave you feeling too tired to enjoy your new destination, but there are things you can do to help your body prepare.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to help beat jet lag:
- Limit use of alcohol.
- Make sure you're well-rested before you depart.
- Eat healthy, balanced meals, and don't overeat.
- Exercise frequently while on your trip.
- If you need a sleep medication, use it only for a few days.
- Stick to local meal times and bed times.
- Donated Livers Not Harmed by Travel Distances, Study Finds
August 28, 2014
- Health Tip: Do You Talk in Your Sleep?
August 27, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.