Health Tip: Signs That May Indicate ADHD
Potential symptoms of impulsive behavior
(HealthDay News) -- Many people define attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as the inability to stay focused and the tendency to wander in thought and action.
Impulsive behavior may be another prime symptom of ADHD.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says common signs of impulsive behavior in children with ADHD may include:
- Acting or speaking out without thinking.
- Darting into the street without stopping to look at traffic.
- Difficulty taking turns.
- Difficulty waiting patiently.
- Shouting out an answer before the questioner is finished.
- Interrupting others.
- Language Problems Common for Kids With ADHD, Study Finds
April 21, 2014
- Too Many Foster Kids With ADHD Treated With Antipsychotic Drugs: Study
April 10, 2014
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.