Health Tip: Watch Your Weight This Holiday Season
Suggestions to ward off weight gain
(HealthDay News) -- The holidays may represent excess, but you don't have to let that translate to excess weight.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to ward off those holiday pounds:
- Despite the busy season, don't skip exercise.
- Eat seven servings of fruits and veggies per day, both for nutrients and to help you stay full without all of the calories.
- Keep candy, cookies and other treats out of sight.
- Indulge in just one small treat per day.
- Make wise choices at the holiday party buffet. Politely decline if hosts keep pushing more food.
- Make holiday gatherings more about conversation and socializing than food.
- Too Few Kids Use Fast-Food Calorie Info, Study Finds
May 23, 2013
- Health Tip: Make Healthy Foods Taste Better
May 22, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.