Health Tip: Are You Disposed to the Holiday Blues?
Risk factors for holiday depression
(HealthDay News) -- Though the holiday season is joyous for many, it can be depressing for some.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these risk factors for the holiday blues:
- Connecting the holidays with family problems or painful memories.
- Expecting that you should feel happy.
- Dealing with the loss of a loved one, or spending the holidays away from friends and family.
- Developing unrealistic expectations, or thinking about negatives that have occurred during the past year.
- Dealing with changes in the family, such as divorce or death.
- Drinking too much alcohol during the holidays.
- Depression May Make It Harder to Beat Prostate Cancer
July 11, 2014
- Some Teens May Face Emotional Problems After Concussion
July 10, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.