Health Tip: Are You Disposed to the Holiday Blues?
Risk factors for holiday depression
(HealthDay News) -- Though the holiday season is joyous for many, it can be depressing for some.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these risk factors for the holiday blues:
- Connecting the holidays with family problems or painful memories.
- Expecting that you should feel happy.
- Dealing with the loss of a loved one, or spending the holidays away from friends and family.
- Developing unrealistic expectations, or thinking about negatives that have occurred during the past year.
- Dealing with changes in the family, such as divorce or death.
- Drinking too much alcohol during the holidays.
- More Than 6 Percent of U.S. Teens Take Psychiatric Meds: Survey
December 04, 2013
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients See Big Boost in Quality of Life
December 03, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.