Health Tip: Boost Your Brain Power
What seniors can do to help stay sharp
(HealthDay News) -- Cognitive decline may lead to difficulty remembering, communicating or learning new tasks.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to help improve brain health and prevent cognitive decline:
- Keep your weight, cholesterol and blood pressure under control by eating nutritious, low-fat foods.
- Include plenty of whole grains, fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Skip saturated fats.
- Include omega-3 fatty acids in your diet, such as by eating fatty fish.
- Ask your doctor if you should take any supplements.
- Concussion Damage Looks Much Like Early Alzheimer's: Study
June 18, 2013
- Sibling Bullying Can Lead to Depression, Anxiety in Victims
June 17, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.