Health Tip: Boost Your Brain Power
What seniors can do to help stay sharp
(HealthDay News) -- Cognitive decline may lead to difficulty remembering, communicating or learning new tasks.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to help improve brain health and prevent cognitive decline:
- Keep your weight, cholesterol and blood pressure under control by eating nutritious, low-fat foods.
- Include plenty of whole grains, fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Skip saturated fats.
- Include omega-3 fatty acids in your diet, such as by eating fatty fish.
- Ask your doctor if you should take any supplements.
- Epilepsy Surgery Improves Patients' Lives, Research Finds
December 08, 2013
- Expert Tips for Those Grieving During Holiday Season
December 07, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.