Health Tip: Wind Down With Mind-Body Exercises
And enjoy these potential benefits
(HealthDay News) -- Exercises that help relax your mind and body may offer a number of physical and emotional benefits. An example is controlled breathing exercises that can help you calm down.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these possible benefits of mind-body exercises:
- A reduction in anxiety and better control of pain.
- Improved sleep.
- Reduced need for pain medications after surgery.
- Fewer post-surgical complications, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery.
- A stronger immune system.
- Improved feeling of well-being and a greater sense of control.
- 4 Steps Could Quell Ebola in West Africa, Researchers Say
October 30, 2014
- Teens Who Dine With Their Families May Be Slimmer Adults
October 24, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.