Health Tip: Wind Down With Mind-Body Exercises
And enjoy these potential benefits
(HealthDay News) -- Exercises that help relax your mind and body may offer a number of physical and emotional benefits. An example is controlled breathing exercises that can help you calm down.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these possible benefits of mind-body exercises:
- A reduction in anxiety and better control of pain.
- Improved sleep.
- Reduced need for pain medications after surgery.
- Fewer post-surgical complications, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery.
- A stronger immune system.
- Improved feeling of well-being and a greater sense of control.
- 1 in 5 U.S. Men Admits to Violence Against Spouse, Partner
September 16, 2014
- Sunny Skies Tied to Suicide Rates
September 12, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.