Health Tip: Opt for a Healthy Weight-Loss Plan
Avoid fad diets
(HealthDay News) -- Fad diets may promise drastic and quick loss of weight, but may be dangerous and often fall short when it comes to long-term weight loss.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions for a selecting a healthy eating plan:
- Never skip meals, including breakfast.
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods, rather than sticking to just a few foods.
- Restrict consumption of sugar, sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol.
- Avoid beverages that are high in calories.
- Limit portion sizes.
- Get plenty of regular exercise. Increase daily physical activity in simple ways, such as by parking further from your destination.
- Poor Students Eat Healthier Foods at School, Study Finds
December 16, 2014
- Exercise, Diet May Be Key to Beating a Common Irregular Heartbeat
December 12, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.