Health Tip: Opt for a Healthy Weight-Loss Plan
Avoid fad diets
(HealthDay News) -- Fad diets may promise drastic and quick loss of weight, but may be dangerous and often fall short when it comes to long-term weight loss.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions for a selecting a healthy eating plan:
- Never skip meals, including breakfast.
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods, rather than sticking to just a few foods.
- Restrict consumption of sugar, sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol.
- Avoid beverages that are high in calories.
- Limit portion sizes.
- Get plenty of regular exercise. Increase daily physical activity in simple ways, such as by parking further from your destination.
- Health Tip: Bake a Healthier Holiday Treat
December 19, 2014
- Poor Students Eat Healthier Foods at School, Study Finds
December 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.