Health Tip: Keep the Sport in Kids' Sports
Make sure focus isn't only on winning
(HealthDay News) -- Sports should be fun for kids, but a competitive atmosphere can ruin the enjoyment.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests ways to help kids focus on the fun in sports:
- Don't add to pressure on your child to perform. Help kids understand that doing their best is what's important.
- Understand your child's physical limitations, and be realistic about your child's abilities and development.
- Offer plenty of positive feedback and encouragement, and always emphasize fun over winning or performance.
- Teach your child the importance of being a good sport.
- New Knees, Hips May Also Help the Heart
March 11, 2014
- Health Tip: Encourage Independence Among Preschoolers
March 10, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.