Health Tip: How to Ease Leg Cramps During Pregnancy
Suggestions include exercise, calcium-rich foods
(HealthDay News) -- Many women develop leg cramps while they're pregnant.
There's no surefire way to prevent all leg cramps, but there are things you can do to help keep them at bay, and to ease the discomfort once they occur.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions:
- Gently stretch your leg muscles.
- Get plenty of regular, gentle exercise.
- When your leg starts to cramp, gently flex your foot forward.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in calcium.
- Ask your doctor about taking calcium supplements.
- Oral Health in Women of Childbearing Age Needs Improvement
September 19, 2014
- Health Tip: Losing Weight After Baby
September 18, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.