Health Tip: Dealing With Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
Suggestions to help end discomfort
(HealthDay News) -- Hemorrhoids are swollen, painful veins that develop in the rectum. Up to half of pregnant women have them, the womenshealth.gov website says.
The site offers these suggestions to ease hemorrhoid pain:
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Eat foods rich in fiber, including whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- When you have a bowel movement, resist the urge to strain.
- Ask your doctor about witch hazel and other products to soothe hemorrhoids.
- Rhymes Reveal Evidence of Learning in the Womb
July 25, 2014
- Health Tip: Watching Your Weight During Pregnancy
July 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.