Health Tip: Prevent Falls During Holiday Decorating
Suggestions to reduce your risk
(HealthDay News) -- Whether you're decorating your home or climbing to stash holiday packages, take care to avoid falls.
Falls are a leading cause of injury among older people. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests how you can help prevent them:
- If you use a ladder, make sure it's of the correct type and height for the job.
- Check out the ladder before use to make sure there is no damage and nothing is broken.
- Carry the ladder carefully.
- Place the ladder in a stable, safe position before you start climbing.
- Take care to hold onto the rails, avoid standing on the top rung and don't reach too far to the side.
- Do not climb a ladder if you feel tired or dizzy, or have been drinking alcohol.
- Health Tip: Strengthening Your Brain
August 20, 2014
- Certain Antipsychotic Meds Tied to Kidney Problems in Elderly
August 19, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.