Health Tip: Learning to Eat With Dentures
Suggestions for making the adjustment
(HealthDay News) -- Eating with dentures often requires some practice, and may initially trigger some discomfort and irritation.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions for adjusting to your new dentures:
- Start out with soft foods.
- Cut up your food into small pieces.
- Eat slowly, carefully using both sides of your mouth.
- Slowly add a variety of foods until you have resumed your normal diet.
- Take care when eating foods that are hot, hard or have sharp edges.
- One Part of the Brain Doesn't Age, Study Suggests
August 22, 2014
- Failing Vision Tied to Shorter Lifespans for Seniors
August 21, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.