Health Tip: Learning to Eat With Dentures
Suggestions for making the adjustment
(HealthDay News) -- Eating with dentures often requires some practice, and may initially trigger some discomfort and irritation.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions for adjusting to your new dentures:
- Start out with soft foods.
- Cut up your food into small pieces.
- Eat slowly, carefully using both sides of your mouth.
- Slowly add a variety of foods until you have resumed your normal diet.
- Take care when eating foods that are hot, hard or have sharp edges.
- Cost of Treating Strokes in U.S. Could Soar to $180B Annually by 2030: Report
May 22, 2013
- Primary Care Docs Should Play Role in Kids' Dental Health, Experts Say
May 20, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.