Health Tip: Wear Your Seat Belt During Pregnancy
And watch where you sit
(HealthDay News) -- Wearing a seat belt is particularly important during pregnancy, when you're protecting for two.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions for moms-to-be while traveling in the car:
- Wear your seat belt properly, with the lap belt beneath your belly and the shoulder strap positioned between the breasts and to the side of the belly.
- Move your seat back as far as possible if you have airbags. Tilt the seat to give your belly more space.
- If you aren't driving, sit in the back seat.
- Always see your doctor immediately after a car accident, even if you don't feel like you are hurt.
- Alcohol Near Start of Pregnancy Linked to Premature Babies
March 10, 2014
- Hospital Policy Spurs New Moms to Get Whooping Cough Shot
March 06, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.