Health Tip: Wear Your Seat Belt During Pregnancy
And watch where you sit
(HealthDay News) -- Wearing a seat belt is particularly important during pregnancy, when you're protecting for two.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions for moms-to-be while traveling in the car:
- Wear your seat belt properly, with the lap belt beneath your belly and the shoulder strap positioned between the breasts and to the side of the belly.
- Move your seat back as far as possible if you have airbags. Tilt the seat to give your belly more space.
- If you aren't driving, sit in the back seat.
- Always see your doctor immediately after a car accident, even if you don't feel like you are hurt.
- Rhymes Reveal Evidence of Learning in the Womb
July 25, 2014
- Health Tip: Watching Your Weight During Pregnancy
July 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.