Health Tip: Exercising With Arthritis
What experts recommend
(HealthDay News) -- Physical activity, an important part of arthritis management, can help improve pain and joint flexibility.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends these low-impact exercises that offer benefits without undue strain on the joints:
- Aerobic exercises, including swimming, biking, water aerobics, dancing, walking at a fast pace, and gardening.
- Exercises that strengthen the muscles, including calisthenics and weight training.
- Exercises that help improve balance, including tai chi, walking backward and standing on one foot.
- Exercise, Diet May Be Key to Beating a Common Irregular Heartbeat
December 12, 2014
- Health Tip: Get Active This Winter!
December 10, 2014
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.