Health Tip: Eat Right During Pregnancy
Here are some diet essentials
(HealthDay News) -- When you're pregnant, eating a balanced, healthy diet is important for you and your baby.
The American Dietetic Association lists these key nutrients for pregnant women:
- Folic acid, found in fortified breads and cereals, can help prevent spinal cord birth defects.
- Iron, found in chicken, fish, red meat and green leafy veggies, helps prevent iron-deficiency anemia during pregnancy.
- Calcium, found in dairy foods and calcium-fortified juices, aids in the development of baby's bones, teeth, nerves, muscles and heart.
- Whole grains, fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, healthy fats and low-fat dairy foods are also part of a balanced diet.
- Health Tip: Teach Your Child to Read Food Labels
August 29, 2014
- Health Tip: Eating When You're Not Hungry
August 28, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.