Health Tip: Eat Right During Pregnancy
Here are some diet essentials
(HealthDay News) -- When you're pregnant, eating a balanced, healthy diet is important for you and your baby.
The American Dietetic Association lists these key nutrients for pregnant women:
- Folic acid, found in fortified breads and cereals, can help prevent spinal cord birth defects.
- Iron, found in chicken, fish, red meat and green leafy veggies, helps prevent iron-deficiency anemia during pregnancy.
- Calcium, found in dairy foods and calcium-fortified juices, aids in the development of baby's bones, teeth, nerves, muscles and heart.
- Whole grains, fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, healthy fats and low-fat dairy foods are also part of a balanced diet.
- Health Tip: Baking With Less Sugar
March 07, 2014
- Hospital Policy Spurs New Moms to Get Whooping Cough Shot
March 06, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.