Health Tip: Dealing With Alzheimer's
Suggestions to help protect physical health
(HealthDay News) -- Getting a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease doesn't mean life as you know it is ending. People with Alzheimer's can lead a purposeful and productive life if they take steps to care for their physical and mental health, the Alzheimer's Association says.
Here's what the association recommends to protect physical health:
- Get regular physical checkups.
- Take all medications as directed by a physician.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Be physically active every day.
- Get rest when fatigued.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Sleep Apnea in Seniors Tied to Alzheimer's in Study
May 19, 2013
- Some Types of Skin Cancer Linked to Lower Chances of Alzheimer's
May 15, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.