Health Tip: Dealing With Alzheimer's
Suggestions to help protect physical health
(HealthDay News) -- Getting a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease doesn't mean life as you know it is ending. People with Alzheimer's can lead a purposeful and productive life if they take steps to care for their physical and mental health, the Alzheimer's Association says.
Here's what the association recommends to protect physical health:
- Get regular physical checkups.
- Take all medications as directed by a physician.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Be physically active every day.
- Get rest when fatigued.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Healthy Lifestyle Changes Linked to Reduced Risk for Dementia
September 17, 2014
- Advanced Dementia Patients Often Given Unhelpful Meds: Study
September 11, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.