Health Tip: Stay Healthy During Menopause
Here's what you can do
(HealthDay News) -- As your body adjusts to the many changes of menopause, it's important to take action and maintain good health.
The womenshealth.gov website suggests how to help you stay healthy during menopause:
- Eat a balanced, nutritious diet that's low in calories.
- Get a minimum of two-and-a-half hours per week of moderate aerobic exercise.
- If you're a smoker, quit.
- Visit your gynecologist for an annual checkup and any recommended screening tests.
- Talk to your doctor about any immunizations you may need.
- Estrogen Won't Make Women Sharper After Menopause, Study Finds
November 25, 2013
- Hormone Therapy May Work Only for Women With Hot Flashes
November 13, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.