Health Tip: Take Care of Dry Skin
Keep it moisturized
(HealthDay News) -- Dry skin can be itchy, uncomfortable and even painful if the skin begins to crack.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions for caring for dry skin:
- Make sure your shower or bath water is lukewarm; never too hot.
- Take baths or showers of no longer than 10 minutes.
- Apply a moisturizer as soon as you get out of the bath or shower.
- Wash with a moisturizing cleanser.
- During winter months, moisturize with a heavy cream or ointment. Use a lighter lotion during summer.
- Instructional Video Improves Skin Cancer Diagnoses in Older Men: Study
February 19, 2014
- Indoor Tanning Laws Help Keep Teen Girls Away, Study Finds
February 14, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.