Health Tip: Take Care of Dry Skin
Keep it moisturized
(HealthDay News) -- Dry skin can be itchy, uncomfortable and even painful if the skin begins to crack.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions for caring for dry skin:
- Make sure your shower or bath water is lukewarm; never too hot.
- Take baths or showers of no longer than 10 minutes.
- Apply a moisturizer as soon as you get out of the bath or shower.
- Wash with a moisturizing cleanser.
- During winter months, moisturize with a heavy cream or ointment. Use a lighter lotion during summer.
- Moles May Be Harbinger of Higher Breast Cancer Risk
June 10, 2014
- Sagging Eyelids More Common in Men, Fair-Skinned and Overweight: Study
May 29, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.