Health Tip: What Affects Blood Glucose?
Factors that can cause blood sugar to rise or fall
(HealthDay News) -- People with diabetes should monitor the amount of glucose (sugar) in their blood. Insulin and certain drugs often are key, but so is understanding what causes blood sugar levels to fluctuate.
The American Diabetes Association mentions these factors:
- The foods you eat.
- How much you exercise, and when.
- Where in the body you inject insulin.
- The time of day that you inject yourself.
- Being sick.
- Being under stress.
- Scientists Find New Way to Observe 'Good' Brown Fat
April 17, 2014
- Diabetes Complication Rates Drop Among U.S. Adults
April 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.