Health Tip: Get More Veggies Into Your Diet
Here are some ways to add them to snacks and meals
(HealthDay News) -- Everyone knows it's important to eat a lot of vegetables. But how can you eat more of these healthy foods without upsetting your routine?
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions:
- Top your favorite pizza with zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, green peppers or broccoli.
- Lunch on a whole-wheat wrap filled with roasted vegetables.
- Instead of chips, dip crunchy veggies into some low-fat salad dressing.
- Throw some veggie kabobs on the grill.
- Top salads with extra veggies, such as carrots or grape tomatoes.
- Keep a stash of pre-cut veggies on hand for snacks and meals.
- Switching to Healthier Eating May Cost You More
December 06, 2013
- Health Tip: Reading Food Labels
December 05, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.