Health Tip: Avoid Sugary Foods for Healthier Teeth
Suggestions to help prevent cavities
(HealthDay News) -- Eating lots of sugary foods and snacks can lead to tooth decay.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions to help protect your pearly whites:
- Eat a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Limit snacks between meals, and make sure any snacks are low in sugar.
- Log what you eat in a food diary for a week, and take note of hard candies and other sugary foods.
- Brush your teeth at least twice each day, and floss daily.
- See your dentist regularly.
- Low-Power Laser May Trigger Tooth Repair
May 28, 2014
- Health Tip: Why Teeth Are Sensitive
May 22, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.