Health Tip: Strengthen Your Muscles
And help avoid muscle loss as you age
(HealthDay News) -- Maintaining strong and healthy muscles is particularly important for seniors, who tend to lose muscle as they age.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these muscle-strengthening suggestions:
- Engage in vigorous gardening, such as by shoveling or digging.
- Lift weights, or work out with a resistance band.
- Practice yoga.
- Opt for exercises that naturally use your body weight for resistance, such as by performing sit ups and push ups.
- Adults Over 45 Not Meeting U.S. Muscle Strengthening Guidelines, Study Says
September 19, 2014
- Are Migraines in Middle Age Tied to Raised Parkinson's Risk Later?
September 17, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.