Health Tip: Strengthen Your Muscles
And help avoid muscle loss as you age
(HealthDay News) -- Maintaining strong and healthy muscles is particularly important for seniors, who tend to lose muscle as they age.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these muscle-strengthening suggestions:
- Engage in vigorous gardening, such as by shoveling or digging.
- Lift weights, or work out with a resistance band.
- Practice yoga.
- Opt for exercises that naturally use your body weight for resistance, such as by performing sit ups and push ups.
- Evening East-West NFL Matchups Put One Team at Disadvantage: Study
December 06, 2013
- 135 Million People Worldwide Will Have Dementia by 2050: Report
December 05, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.