Health Tip: When Stress Becomes Dangerous
Signs you should call your doctor
(HealthDay News) -- Stress can contribute to a number of serious health problems, so it's important to visit your doctor when you notice warning signs that stress is affecting your health.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these warning signs of serious stress:
- Seeing a significant decline in performance at work or school.
- Feeling overly anxious or having irrational fears.
- Abusing drugs or alcohol, or thinking suicidal thoughts.
- Being unable to manage in daily life, or withdrawing socially.
- Seeing major changes in sleep or eating habits.
- Engaging in behaviors that cause self-harm.
- Having frequent physical illnesses or discomforts.
- Yoga May Help Breast Cancer Patients During Radiation Therapy
March 04, 2014
- Health Tip: Manage Stress
February 20, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.