Health Tip: Help Calm a Cough
Here's what you can do
(HealthDay News) -- If you're plagued with a cold or another respiratory illness that's causing a cough, there are things you can do to help tame the beast.
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute offers these suggestions to help calm a cough:
- Quit smoking.
- Steer clear of substances that can irritate the lungs and worsen a cough, such as air pollution, tobacco smoke, allergens and strong odors.
- Take all medications as prescribed by your doctor.
- Follow your doctor's treatment plan.
- Take cough medicine, if recommended by your doctor.
- Run a cool-mist humidifier or steam vaporizer.
- Health Tip: Easing Baby's Nasal Congestion
November 19, 2014
- Whooping Cough Vaccine Seems Safe in Pregnancy, Study Finds
November 11, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.