Health Tip: Help Calm a Cough
Here's what you can do
(HealthDay News) -- If you're plagued with a cold or another respiratory illness that's causing a cough, there are things you can do to help tame the beast.
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute offers these suggestions to help calm a cough:
- Quit smoking.
- Steer clear of substances that can irritate the lungs and worsen a cough, such as air pollution, tobacco smoke, allergens and strong odors.
- Take all medications as prescribed by your doctor.
- Follow your doctor's treatment plan.
- Take cough medicine, if recommended by your doctor.
- Run a cool-mist humidifier or steam vaporizer.
- Common Asthma Meds May Raise Sleep Apnea Risk, Study Says
February 28, 2014
- Health Tip: Learn the Signs of Whooping Cough
February 24, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.