Health Tip: Exercise for Healthier Bones
Activities that can help maintain bone health
(HealthDay News) -- Want to keep your bones strong and healthy? Make sure you get plenty of exercise to help ward off problems such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and pain affecting the joints and lower back.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions for boosting your bone health:
- Get low-impact exercise via activities such as swimming, walking and biking.
- Perform gentle stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Perform weight-bearing exercises such as dancing, climbing stairs, hiking and tennis.
- Play sports such as golf that are relatively easy on the bones and joints.
- Health Tip: Get Physical Activity
September 30, 2014
- After-School Exercise Yields Brain Gains: Study
September 29, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.