Health Tip: Create the Right Environment for Sleep
Here are suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to create the right environment to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these guidelines:
- Keep your room quiet or use earplugs or a white noise machine.
- Keep your room at the right temperature -- not too hot and on the cooler side.
- Make sure the room is dark.
- Allow plenty of room in your bed to stretch out and get comfortable. Choose a comfortable mattress and pillow.
- Address issues that affect your sleep, such as snoring or television watching, with your partner.
- Chimps Prefer Firm 'Mattress'
April 16, 2014
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Poor Bone Health
April 15, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.