Sharp's Nutrition Education and Counseling Outpatient Program provides one-on-one nutrition counseling to support you in making positive behavioral changes for a healthier lifestyle.
Our expert registered dietitians help you meet your unique health goals through various avenues. Meet some of our registered dietitians and learn what to expect at your first appointment.
The Nutrition Education and Counseling Program includes:
Is This Program Right for You?
You may benefit from Sharp's Nutrition Counseling Program if you experience any of the following:
- Weight gain
- Weight loss
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart failure
- Intestinal or digestive problems
- Kidney or liver disease
- Disordered eating (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating and emotional eating)
-Outpatient sessions with a dietitian
-Comprehensive eating disorder treatment program at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
Benefits of Our Program
The benefits of the program include:
Request a Referral
- Achieve or maintain a weight that is healthy for you
- Exposure to mindful eating techniques
- Improved management of medical conditions
- Increased awareness of barriers to healthful eating and exercise as well as strategies to overcome these barriers
- Increased energy levels and improved mood
- New knowledge for making healthier food choices
- Possible reduction or elimination of cholesterol- or blood pressure-lowering medications
- Reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and other diseases influenced by diet
You may request a referral for outpatient nutrition counseling from your physician. Print our Physician Referral Form and take it to your physician's office. Once your physician has completed the form, they can fax it to our office and we will contact you to set up an appointment. If you have any questions, call the Outpatient Nutrition Counseling Program at 619-740-4632.Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an appointment with one of our registered dietitians:
Locations of Services
Nutrition counseling services are offered at Sharp's four acute-care hospitals in San Diego. Let our registered dietitians inspire, educate and motivate you while providing a safe space to discuss the challenges and successes you experience while improving your health through nutrition and exercise.For More Information
Nutrition counseling may be covered by insurance with physician referral. Self-pay options are also available.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please call the Sharp HealthCare Outpatient Nutrition Counseling Program at 619-740-4632 or send us an email.
For health, wellness and weight management classes, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm.
To learn more about Sharp's nutrition services or to find a Sharp-affiliated physician, search for San Diego doctors or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.