Sharp is San Diego’s leader for total knee replacement procedures.
Sharp HealthCare performs more knee replacement procedures than any other provider in San Diego County. We offer multiple options for treating chronic knee pain — due to osteoarthritis, injury or wear and tear — including total joint replacement surgery, partial joint replacement surgery or partial joint resurfacing surgery. Using advanced technology, our minimally invasive procedures preserve the healthy parts of the joint, enabling patients to return home and their normal activities as quickly as possible.
At Sharp, our team of dedicated physicians, nurses, physical therapists, pharmacists and staff provide support and guidance through every step of care — from preoperative tests to post-discharge home safety. This nationally recognized team approach, known as the Joint Endeavor® program, is unique to Sharp and ensures that each patient achieves the best possible results.
Why Choose Sharp for Knee Replacement Surgery?
- Comprehensive Care to Ensure Best Outcomes — Clinicians prepare patients for joint replacement surgery so they know exactly what to expect before and after their procedure, and a member of the team calls patients regularly after surgery to ensure that they are progressing even after they have returned home
- Experts in Orthopedics — Our board-certified orthopedic surgeons are leading experts in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of arthritic and musculoskeletal conditions, providing comprehensive medical and surgical treatments
- Extraordinary Level of Care — Our team is committed to providing the extraordinary level of care, which we call The Sharp Experience, to every one of our patients, so they can return home and recover quickly
- Individualized Care — Our dedicated team of specially trained nurses, physical and occupational therapists and other support staff concentrate on each patient's individual needs
Knee Surgery Options
Sharp HealthCare offers the following knee surgery options:
- MAKOplasty® Partial Knee Resurfacing
MAKOplasty is an innovative solution for active people who have early- to mid-stage knee osteoarthritis. Using advanced robotic arm-assisted technology, surgeons get real-time information and images to help them identify and remove only the damaged parts of the knee, which generates precise, accurate results
- Oxford® Partial Knee Replacement
This advanced partial-knee surgery procedure preserves the healthy part of the joint, enabling the joint to bend better and retain a more natural function. Results include less pain, shorter hospital stay and a faster return to normal activities.
- Total Knee Replacement
Also called arthroplasty, is a surgical procedure to replace bones affected by osteoarthritis. Metal and plastic parts are used to cap the ends of the bones that form the knee joint and the kneecap. This surgery may be considered for someone who has severe arthritis or a severe knee injury.
Location of Services
Sharp offers knee replacement surgery at the following hospitals:
Find a San Diego Orthopedic Surgeon
To find a surgeon who specializes in knee surgery or to schedule a consultation, send us an email, search for San Diego orthopedic surgeons or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm.
For More Orthopedics Information
To find general information about orthopedics, visit Orthopedic Surgery in Adult Health or read the Orthopedics News archive.