Diabetes Program at Sharp Rees-Stealy
Whether patients have prediabetes, are newly diagnosed or need help managing their condition, Sharp Rees-Stealy's diabetes program helps adults with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, women with gestational diabetes and children with Type 1 diabetes manage their health. Patients may enter the program through self-referral, referral from inpatient or diabetes disease case managers, or from their primary care provider.
Why choose us?
- Classes offered include: diabetes management series, prediabetes, preconception care and diabetes reviews; participants may attend any or all of the group classes and lectures offered, depending on their educational needs
- Diabetes educators work with patients to develop an individual educational plan based on priorities identified during the initial and preprogram assessments
- Individual or small group instruction for women with gestational diabetes
- One-on-one instruction provided, when necessary
- Our diabetes education program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association and affiliated with Sweet Success, the California state program that promotes healthy outcomes for women with gestational diabetes
- Patients identified with an HgbA1c greater than 9 percent are overseen exclusively by diabetes disease case managers, registered nurses and physicians working together to aggressively manage the patient's diabetes
- Sharp Rees-Stealy's team of primary care physicians and specialists, diabetes disease managers, dietitians, nurses and staff are committed to helping individuals with diabetes live a long, healthy life
- Staff of registered nurses, registered dietitians and certified diabetes educators offer outpatient diabetes education at eight clinics throughout San Diego County
Locations of services.
Sharp Rees-Stealy offers diabetes services at the following locations:
Sharp Rees-Stealy Del Mar
2600 Via De La Valle, Suite 200
Del Mar, CA 92014
Sharp Rees-Stealy Sorrento Mesa
10243 Genetic Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
Sharp Rees-Stealy Downtown
300 Fir St.
San Diego, CA 92101
Sharp Rees-Stealy Otay Ranch
1400 East Palomar St.
Chula Vista, CA 91913
Sharp Rees-Stealy Mount Helix
1380 El Cajon Blvd.
El Cajon, CA 92020
Sharp Rees-Stealy Chula Vista
525 Third Ave.
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Sharp Rees-Stealy Kearny Villa
3666 Kearny Villa Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Sharp Rees-Stealy San Diego
2929 Health Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
Sharp Rees-Stealy Rancho Bernardo
16950 Via Tazon
San Diego, CA 92127
To learn more about Sharp Rees-Stealy's diabetes services and classes or to make an appointment with a diabetes educator, Sharp Rees-Stealy patients may call 858-499-2700.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View Sharp Rees-stealy doctors in San Diego.
"The keys to being a good doctor are listening well and taking the time to really care about patients."
"I try to create a comfortable environment to make each patient feel that they will be listened to."
"The most important aspect in a physician-patient relationship is the trust and confidence that develop."
"I practice listening and empathy with my patients to establish good rapport and a trusting relationship."
"It is my goal to improve my patients' physical, psychological and social well-being."
"I provide a top-notch team approach to delivering patient care with attention to comfort."
"It is important to consider the impact that diseases have on a person's total sense of well-being."